In this article, I will provide you with a detailed step by step guide to factory resetting your Acer laptop. This process can be done on laptops of various manufacturers and years old.
“how to factory reset acer laptop windows 10” is a question that has been asked many times. If you are having trouble with your Acer laptop and want to reset it, this article will help you do that.
When you possess a laptop, you want it to be protected and secure at all times. However, this is not feasible in reality because when you install new software and do other tasks on your laptops, viruses and malware may be downloaded from multiple sites. We often use the factory resetting option to prevent similar situations and to clean our computers.
We’ll be focused on Acer laptops here, and we’ll provide you with an informative tutorial with accurate information to assist you understand how to factory reset Acer laptops. To ensure that you are not misled in any way, follow the procedures below with complete attentiveness. Remember that, as a machine, it is not required to remain secure and safe during its use.
This is why you should learn how to reset your gaming laptop in a more secure and cautious manner so that you may use it without causing any difficulties or jeopardizing its security. You also don’t want to have significant computer problems, thus you should know how to factory reset an Acer laptop.
Acer Laptops Can Be Reset
The two main techniques for factory resetting your Acer laptops are as follows. They’re simple to implement and will keep your computers clean without jeopardizing their security.
Acer Care Center offers factory reset services.
In Acer computers, this is regarded to be the primary and first option for factory resetting. This is due to the fact that it is a factory resetting application that is included in all Acer laptop models. Additionally, you have the option of generating a backup of your data and restoring it later using this technique.
You must have the Acer Care Centre installed on your laptop to do a factory reset through the Acer Care Centre option. After you’ve installed it, follow the steps below to factory reset your Acer laptop while using Acer Care Centre properly.
- Go to the search bar on your Acer laptop after turning it on. In the search field, type recuperation and look for the pop-up possibilities.
- The Acer Recovery Management option will be shown in the pop-up choices. To choose a recovery procedure, select this option.
- The Acer Care Centre will then be forwarded to you. Select the option to get started as soon as you enter the Acer Care Centre. It will direct you to the option to reset your computer.
- This resetting your PC option will provide you with two further options: deleting everything and retaining my data.
- Selecting the Remove Everything option is the best choice here, so don’t get mixed up with the other one.
- Now that you’ve clicked, you’ll be sent to the cleaning details. This gives you the choice of eliminating simply the files or cleaning the whole disk in addition to the files.
- Now it’s up to you to decide what you want. Select the appropriate option for your laptop.
- Now, at the bottom of the window, click the reset button.
- On the screen, there will be some instructions. You finish your rebooting operation, be sure to attentively follow the instructions.
Using the Keyboard to Reset the Factory (ALT and F10 Buttons)
This is yet another way for factory resetting your Acer laptop via the keyboard. Using the Windows recovery environment, this may be done fast and accurately. If you intend to factory reset your Acer laptop using the ALT and F10 keys, be sure you read the following steps carefully.
- Turn off your Acer laptop by pushing and holding the power button on the keyboard for almost 5 to 6 seconds.
- Your computer will be switched off. Then slowly turn it back on until the Acer logo appears on the screen.
- Pay attention to your keyboard as soon as you see the Acer logo on the screen and simultaneously click the ALT and F10 buttons.
- After a little delay, you will be taken to the pick an option screen, which will provide you with three possibilities from which to choose.
- Click on the troubleshoot by moving the pointer over it.
- Factory resetting is now possible in two ways: one for Windows 8 and one for Windows 7. Carefully choose the approach to use based on the operating system on your laptop.
For Windows 8 users
- If your laptop runs Windows 8, choose the option to reset your PC. Now choose the option to remove everything.
- After you’ve selected the delete everything option, carefully choose the restart option to begin the factory reset process.
- It won’t take long, and you’ll quickly see that the factory resetting procedure is complete. And after you’ve determined that the procedure is complete, you’ll see certain instructions on the screen that you must follow in order to complete the process appropriately.
For Windows 7 users
- Select the restore option on the screen after restarting your laptop and hitting the F7 and ALT keys at the same time.
- You’ll be taken to the many alternatives on the screen, where you may choose the one you desire.
- Before choosing one, make sure you read all three of them carefully and comprehend them. It’s now up to you to select which one you want, and the restoration process will begin as soon as you make your decision.
- To ensure that you have factory reset your Acer laptop with Windows 7 successfully, carefully follow the directions on the screen.
Is it true that factory resetting the laptop erases everything on it?
Options for factory resetting vary from those for hard resetting. If you want to delete and wipe everything from your laptop, these factory resetting alternatives are not the best choices.
The data you thought you’d removed by factory resetting the computer is still on the hard disk. In layman’s terms, factory resetting implies that the data on your laptop is still there, but you can’t access it.
The F12 key, which is exclusive to Acer laptops, is the most typical way to get your device into the boot menu. Keep in mind that we’re discussing Acer laptops, and not every computer has to be used the same manner.
Depending on the computer, laptop, and operating system you’re using, different keys are used to access the boot menu. ESC, F12, F10, and F2 are the most widely utilized and well-known. Furthermore, the variances between these keys are dependent on the motherboard used by the computer.
Dealing with computers is not difficult, but you must pay close attention to them. If you have an Acer laptop, you should be aware of the many techniques you may take to keep it safe and secure from viruses and malware.
When you realize that certain software is infected with a virus and cannot be removed, you should choose the option of factory resetting your laptop.
In the article stated above, I’ve summarized the two most basic and fastest methods for factory resetting your Acer laptop. Make sure to read each of them thoroughly and without missing a beat in order to understand all there is to know about factory resetting these devices.
Make sure you comprehend every attempt to do factory settings precisely and appropriately before performing realistically.
If you want to reset your Acer laptop without knowing the password, then you can use this article. It will guide you through the process of how to factory reset an Acer laptop without having a password. Reference: how to factory reset acer laptop without password windows 7.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset my Acer laptop to factory settings?
A: Press the power button for 10 seconds, then press and hold the F2 key.
How do I force my laptop to factory reset?
A: Sometimes, when your laptop isnt responding properly and youve tried everything to fix it, a factory reset might help. To do this on Windows 10 follow these steps:
1) Go to settings and then click update & security
2) On the left menu hover over Recovery (bottom right corner). Then select Reset This PC now
3) Once it has finished doing its thing, restart your computer
Why cant I factory reset my Acer laptop?
A: Unfortunately, Acer laptops are not designed to be factory reset like the Microsoft Surface.
- how to factory reset acer laptop without password
- how to factory reset acer laptop windows 7
- how to factory reset acer laptop without logging in
- factory reset acer laptop windows 7 alt + f10 not working
- how to factory reset acer laptop windows 8